Somewhere over the rainbow

Somewhere over the rainbow
The hubster and I saw a rainbow form in a meadow in Colorado in Aug. 2011.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Leaving Kansas. . .

If I don't post any more after this initial greeting, please think of me fondly in days to come and mourn my passing. Tonight before he left for his third-shift job, the hubster begged me to start getting into bed earlier and to curb my new blog fascination, but here it is 1:08 a.m. and lo and behold, I'm starting a brand-new blog. (I hope if he sends me to meet my Maker that he remembers I want fireworks at the funeral.)

I already have a blog at Wordpress.com. (Is the mention of a competitor going to get me into trouble with blogspot.com?) That blog is called "Longing For Him" and is expressly for religious purposes; it's a great outlet for me to pour out my longings for my Lord and Savior. I don't want to clutter that one up with my ramblings about daily struggles and victories en route to "living the dream."

SO. . .looks as if I need a new blog, and here it is! I believe that if you write the vision, you have a better chance of achieving it. I hope to be able to use this site to write my dreams and visions for my future, in faith that this will help me accomplish them.

Superman lives!
My oh-so-hot hubster is encouraging me big-time to focus my energies on my biggest dreams. He was thrilled that I quit my super-stressful news editor's job in Sept. 2011. Now he's saying I should even quit the side jobs if it means I will pour myself into answering the calls that nearly tear out my gut when I am disobedient: the call to minister and help bring revival to my hometown and county, the call to disciple and train up my children in the way they should go, and the call to FINALLY write those many books that are begging for me to write them.

For the 1st time ever, I saw a rainbow form--in CO this past summer!
 So yes, I feel a little bit like Dorothy who left the black-and-white realms of Kansas to plop down in that technicolor world over the rainbow. If Dorothy was right, it's the place where dreams really do come true. I am about to find out! Thanks for joining me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment